Monday, October 14, 2013

Ever been chased?

It's kind of freaky, really.  You're driving down the street in your Italian car.  The next thing you know someone is getting a bit close and yelling out their car window to pull over.  Um, yeah.  Right.  Questions start rolling through your head.  Is this guy a cop?  Are they going to kill me?  Did I cut them off? Are they going to steal my car? Is my car on fire?  WHAT THE #$&%!!!  Do I make a run for it?  Do I head for the nearest cop shop?  Or does this person just want to talk with me about my car?

I've been on both sides of this issue.  I inadvertently scared the hell out of someone in a '77 Spider one evening just after dusk (If that guy with the '77 is reading this, I'm sorry!).  I just wanted to stop and say hello and talk with him about his car.  It probably would have helped if I wasn't in a full-size truck!  Being on the other side of it is scary, so I understand why he high-tailed it outta there.  My experience being chased was by a darkened Jetta down Kolb by Davis Monthan.  I was in my Spider on my way home after getting the exhaust system installed.  The Jetta came out of nowhere.  When you get chased by a black car with dark tinted windows and they're keeping up with lane changes (ahem!) you get nervous!   He turned off at Valencia but not before slowing WAY down and rolling down the driver's side window (gulp!) and then gave me a nod and a thumbs up.  Whew!

In any case, exercise caution and good judgement out there.

Do you have a chase experience? Add it to the comments!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment